Interviews - November 2016
· Creating change within their organizations and field
· Demonstrating new models of leadership through their own work
· Cultivating new and better ways of working together within their organizations
· Exploring and implementing new methods of social action
· Inspiring others to embrace new forms of leadership and organization
RISING LEADERS PROGRAM FORMAT
December 15 - 16, 2016 - 2 consecutive days of training
Rising Leaders participants are expected to attend all program activities. Complete participation is necessary to engage fully with other students and Rising Leaders faculty. Participants with more than one absence may complete the program but will not be considered a graduate of that class year. The opportunity to make up a class may be presented the following year. Additionally, Rising Leaders are required to participate in a service-learning project. Rising Leaders who have trouble with the time and/or attendance commitment are encouraged to communicate with their Nonprofits First liaison or mentor immediately.
CURRICULUM FOR RISING LEADERS
Rising Leaders members will participate in an extracurricular service-learning team project designed to assist a local community organization. Participants can expect to spend between 10-15 additional hours over six months working on a service-learning project with a team of five to seven other Rising Leaders. Individuals from the same organization may not serve on a team together. In addition, participants may not choose a project submitted by their sponsoring agency. Examples of projects include: developing a Policies and Procedures Manual; conducting a community needs assessment; preparing a marketing plan; and designing a special event. In addition to providing a valuable service, members will have opportunities to learn and practice new leadership skills. Each service-learning team will present a pecha kucha style PowerPoint presentation for their service-learning agency host at the Rising Leaders completion ceremony.
Program tuition must be paid in full by the start of the first session on December 15, 2016. Agencies who qualify for the GROW Capacity Building Funds program may use GROW funds to pay the tuition.
Participation in Rising Leaders requires:
1. Completed application - Click here to complete application
2. Application Fee - Click here to purchase
3. Current resume
4. Letter of recommendation from a supervisor
5. Executed Commitment to Full Participation (Click here for form)
Interested in the Rising Leaders program? Complete the form below to receive updates.