Where Does Nonprofits First Accreditation Lead?
Greater Capacity, Sustainability and Funding
A collective $100 million was awarded in 2021 to Nonprofits First Accredited organizations from funders requiring an Accreditation standard.
Last year 25 Accredited organizations were recognized by their funders for collaborations that resulted in greater mission outcomes.
Growth, Prosperity and Higher Impact
100% of Accredited organizations surveyed cite higher quality and performance in all aspects of operations and mission impact.
The Accreditation Process
Accreditation is an annual process, beginning with an onsite review of all standards. Accreditation is renewed each year after review of your organization's fiscal health and viability, as well as a categorical review.
The initial process takes several months to one year to complete, depending on your organization’s capacity and established infrastructure, and follows these primary steps:
- Orientation, initial paperwork and payment are completed.
- Completion of the online P2E™ Toolkit (Pathway to Excellence).
- Nonprofits First staff help your organization prepare for the onsite review.
- Executive Volunteer Corps members (peer practitioners with subject matter expertise) from Nonprofits First verify compliance with Accreditation Standards at your onsite review.
- Nonprofits First staff prepare preliminary and final report(s).
- The Accreditation Review Council makes a final determination to award or deny Accreditation.
The Accreditation Team
Our Nonprofits First Accreditation Team provides the hands-on assistance and tools needed for your organization to reach compliance and successfully complete the Accreditation Standards process.
Throughout the process, the Accreditation Team supports your organization by responding to self-assessment tool questions, providing technical assistance to ensure an adequate understanding of the standards, sharing training information, planning for a successful onsite review, preparing reports and facilitating the onsite review.
The Accreditation Standards
This manual contains information about the standards, how they relate to every question we ask, and how we verify compliance at the onsite review. There are also links to helpful articles and other resources. Open office hours are held monthly if you prefer to discuss your questions in person.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Allegany Franciscan Ministries
Childrens Services Council
M&T Bank Wilmington Trust
Palm Beach Post LocalIQ